First Day

Whew!  We made it through our first day together.  I have to tell you your children are awesome!
They did so well handling the overwhelming chaos that is the first day of a new school year.

Some things I particularly noticed:
       They were kind to each other and played well together.
       They were respectful and tried their best to listen and to do what was asked of them.
       They participated in all the activities.
       Plus, the way they cleaned up after each activity was phenomenal, especially from free play.
Kudos to all of you, as I believe this is a reflection of all your hard work.  Now if I can only continue the great job you've started.

Lunch/Snack- perhaps the trickiest part of the day was doing the morning lunch count and the snack milk count.

1.  I have to stress that you must put all lunch money in a sealed envelope or zip lock bag with your child's whole name on it and my name.  This goes directly into a lunch $ envelope and is sent to the kitchen.  The easiest way to handle lunch/snack $ is to put $ on your child's account through the nutrition program.  You need your child's ID# to do this.  I can give you this number at your request.

2.  If your child is ordering lunch or snack milk, please discuss with your child what he/she will be choosing for the day. Please do not send notes in with what their choice will be,  I am not with them when they make their choices in the cafeteria.  I know it's a huge task for them, but I know they can do it and will quickly get the hang of it with a little coaching.

3.  Please put their snack in a small brown bag, a zip-lock bag, or a small lunch bag so that it will fit inside their desk.  There isn't room for a big lunch box.  Lunch boxes with lunches in them are put in the top of their cubbies so they can grab them on their way up to lunch as they come in from recess, but snacks are kept in their desks for afternoon snack.  Friday I think some ate their snack for their lunch or vice versa.  No worries, we'll get the hang of this.

If you're talking with your child about his/her day you could ask them about-
               singing "Tooty Ta"
               the owls we made for the bulletin board
               the books Mrs. O read them at Library
               reading The Kissing Hand and our hunt for Chester the raccoon

I'll post some pictures soon.
Looking for more great days next week.

As always, please contact me with any questions or concerns.  Have a great weekend.